Sunday, October 12, 2014

Time To Reevaluate

It has been about 3 weeks since we have done any formal learning.

That isn't to say that we haven't learned during this time because we have done plenty of things that have proven educational. It all boils down to the fact that G doesn't like the formality of having to sit for long periods of time. So with that being said, it is time to reevaluate our methods. 

I want to go more hands on. Possibly gravitate more towards unschooling.
I know many of you are thinking, now what is unschooling? To be honest, I don't even fully grasp the concept yet but from what I have gathered it is learning through life. Education without the formality. (I could be wrong of course.) If this isn't a proper way to describe unschooling then I need to find out what it is I am describing because that is the route I want to take. 

In everyday life and interactions there are so many opportunities to make a situation a learning/teaching experience and that is what I want to do. 

Do you understand which direction I am wanting to go? Do you have any resources I may find helpful?

I believe I have stated here before that we intend to homestead. 

In homesteading we are learning to be self sufficient and do things for ourselves. Yesterday we completed our pig pen and our piggies are now happy in their nice new home. Our next project will be our chicken coop. Soon enough we will get our greenhouse started so we can begin gardening. 

Once we are able to start these things, the learning experiences will be vast and I couldn't be more excited! 





I know that I don't need to stress school for G as he isn't 5 just yet, I just need to find a way to keep his curiosity alive while still being able to answer his questions in a way that will be informative but not needing to become a full blown lesson. 
*Most questions he asks are easy to answer, others require more in depth responses which is when I look to lessons. 


As seems the usual lately, this post is all over the place but I guess that is because my mind is all over the place. 

(Tomorrow will be art and science so I should have a new fun post to make finally!)

No comments:

Post a Comment