Monday, December 9, 2013

'Tis The Season!

I know it has been forever since I have updated here. I apologize for that!
 
With the wedding over with and the holidays in full swing I have still been feeling rather lazy. I haven't felt up to setting up our activities like I should be. It makes me feel like a bit of a failure, but such is life I suppose. I choose to call it an end of the year break. Once the new year begins it will be back to business though!
 
 
Anyway, we started The Elf on The Shelf tradition this year. I was so excited when our Elfie came in the mail! After reading Gage the story and taking extra care to explain to him that the elf could lose his magic if touched, I asked him if he would be excited if an elf were to show up at our house. He was definitely excited by the thought of an elf visiting.
 
 
Our elf first made his appearance a week ago today, I went through the process of asking Gage what he wanted to name him. He wanted to call him Elf I was able to talk him into Elfie instead. For his first appearance it was nothing special, he arrived on our dining room table with a little note for Gage about naming him and reminding him that he tells Santa about how his days go and to remember to be a nice boy.
 
.
 
At the end of the day on day one I had set up our train around the tree for the boys. This was of course extremely exciting for them. So for day 2 of Elfie being with us he showed up on the train I had set up the night before. Let me just say Gage got such a kick out of this!

 (Elfie's train ride)

 
Day 3 we woke up to find Elfie was playing Lego chess with Yoda.
 
 
Day 4 Elfie had managed to zip line across the entrance to our bedroom.
 
 
"Wrecking Ball" is a little joke between our roommate and myself so I of course couldn't resist recreating the meme circulating Facebook right now!
 
 
This morning when we woke up we found Elfie was tucked nicely away in Gage's stocking.

 
These are what our elf has gotten into so far and I am looking forward to continuing this on until Christmas Eve.
 
Gage turns four tomorrow so I have quite the exciting idea planned for Elfie. I really hope he gets excited!
 
 
This is our first year with this tradition, how long have you been doing Elf on the Shelf? What idea suggestions do you have for our Elfie? How old is/was your LO when you first started it and do they get excited by it?



No comments:

Post a Comment