Saturday, August 3, 2013

Summer is drawing to a close!

With the end of summer upon us, I have started getting Gage's things ready for him to start learning some new stuff!
 
First and foremost I want to say that I am so happy that my big guy LOVES to learn! Every other day he is asking me to play a learning game or do worksheets with him!
 
Since summer vacation is almost over and we have literally done no new learning activities the whole time, I want to make sure that I have all my tools ready to go.
 
I started with three binders, and my subscription to education.com. I decided that I was going to have a binder for each "subject". We have one for Math, Reading/Writing, and then one for puzzles. Obviously the one with the puzzles in it are things like memory games, paper puzzles and mazes. Since Gage knows the alphabet, letter sounds, and number up to twenty his reading/writing notebook has a bunch of sight word tracing sheets and beginning reading books in it. His math book has preK and K addition and subtraction books.
 
 
I also added some fun new things to our "boredom book" shelf. I bought a book of file folder games and went through to find ones that would challenge Gage. So far I have 5 completely put together for him. I can't wait until he plays them! He loves games.
 Another addition to our "boredom" shelf is a bunch of activity bags that I actually found at the thrift store. They were complete as the are shown below. Each bag has an activity and the instructions and every tool needed for that activity is in the bag. I was thrilled to spend the $5 on all the neat activities for him to try.



 
 
I also revamped our "learning area":
The "desk" was actually a little tykes light table that I bought at the thrift store for $4. At first we didn't think we would be able to use it for its intended purpose because the cord to plug it in had been cut but Gage's uncle was able to repair that for us so now it has multiple uses!
 
 
In my bins I have every tool we will end up needing from scissors and glue to counters and alphabet bricks.
 
This is just the beginning of all the new things I will be doing with Gage. He and I are equally excited to get back into the flow of learning!
 
 
Thanks so much for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment