Friday, May 10, 2013

'Cc' Week

I know I am a little late getting this one out! We are a day away from the due date of our second little bug so you will have to excuse my tardiness!
 
 
 
We started our week as we do each letter week. We discuss the sound that 'C' makes. We sing our little song about the 'C' sounds and we the draw the letters (big and small) in the air with our fingers.
 
 
 
 
 We completed our worksheets.
We colored our 'C's.
 
Each day we had story time. Day 1 our story was The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. This book is definitely one of my favorites!

 The other books we read included the two pictured below as well as The Mixed Up Chameleon by Eric Carle.
Because it was 'C' week I picked the movies that started with and/or focused on characters beginning with C.
 
The one that the kids and I enjoyed the most was The Cat In The Hat. We colored hats, and we made them purple cupcakes for a snack just like in the movie!

 We also watched, Curious George, Cars and Cars 2. The one movie we didn't get to watch was the one that I really wanted to! I was going to have the Littles watch Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs and afterwards I was going to build a lego city, boil up some spaghetti and let them recreate the movie using the noodles and some play food! An idea I of course saw on Pinterest!
 
We were unable to though, because the boys' behavior was not where it should have been which meant no rewards! The behavior has since gotten much better though so I may put that activity on the back burner for a free day activity.
 
 For our special activity I pulled out the light table.  

 The boys are quite imaginative! The decided that our marbles and gems were money. They kept saying "This is 20 bucks!" It was very cute!
 They played with shapes each of them naming off the shape they were holding as well as the color. The Littles really seem to grasp that most of what we do serves an educational purpose and will at times pick up on it before I even have to explain it.
 For a little added fun I put the black light in the light table and gave the boys the bottles of Tonic Water. Tonic water glows under the black light which thoroughly fascinated them.

 In the middle of our light table fun we started to hear rain drops beating on the door. I opened it up and the boys got to run around in the rain for a bit! (I mean a little water never hurt anyone right?)




Needless to say the boys had a blast playing in the rain!
 
 
As always thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read this! For more frequent updates check out our Facebook page!
 
 
 
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment