Monday, October 21, 2013

I love October!

We had quite the week around here!
 
On Monday, Dennis came over to join the boys in play! Since fall, well mostly October is my favorite time of year I decided we would paint some pumpkins.
As you can tell, I couldn't find my masking tape so I used duct tape to make the boys' initials.
 
 I am extremely new to using paints other than finger paints with the boys so I made a bit of an uh oh here. I used tempera paint to have them paint there pumpkins. While they all had an absolute blast painting there pumpkins, as they were drying, the paint was flaking. I did however use a purple acrylic paint as well and the purple held without flaking so only parts of them flaked off. 












 These were our end results.



 Sticking with our pumpkin theme I printed up some Pp sheets and the boys used stickers to decorate the P's.


 Even our snack was pumpkin related! They decorated there own cookies and of course gobbled them up as fast as possible.


 We also made masking tape mummy's this week! Everyone got in on this one even K.




Since it has been a while since I've done a DIY like this one I tried my hand at making some wonder dough. You can see this one in full here:
 
 
I have to say that Growing A Jeweled Rose is my favorite as far as activity ideas for the littles! She is always posting so many awesome ideas!
 



 The boys loved it. They rolled it and squished it and described what they felt. The only downside to this is that I probably used way to much paint as it dyed all of our hands. Luckily it washed right out though!





 On Thursday night we had a pumpkin carving party!
 The boys are not really fans of strange feeling things. Gage reluctantly helped gut his pumpkin.
 X and R each stuck their hands in once but were instantly over it.

 Needless to say our pumpkin party turned into adults doing all the work while the kids ran wild in the backyard!
 
Check out our end results though! Not bad in my opinion!
 
 
This Friday I will be starting something new on my blog. I will be posting one of our favorite apps a week. Favorite App Friday! I will go over why we love each app as well as what benefits it has.
 
Does your child have a favorite app on the iPad/iPhone etc.? Let me know what it is below so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment